Travelling Places: Mukurtu 2015 Workshops
October 12 – 19, 2015
Our team is on the road! Michael Ashley and Kelley Shanahan are delivering Travelling Places, a flexible training program for digital storytelling specifically tailored to Aboriginal communities, sponsored by Museums & Galleries of NSW. The program offers hands on modular workshops that accommodate different entry points and skill levels.
Michael and Kelley will be flying to Sidney and the regions to deliver hands on Mukurtu workshops to the communities and the trainers as part of the Travelling Places initiative.
This is the proposed schedule for the 2015 activities:
- Monday 12 October – Dubbo
- Tuesday 13 October – rest day/travel to Armidale
- Wednesday 14 October – Armidale
- Thursday 15 October – rest day/travel back to Sydney
- Friday 16 October – State Library of NSW
- Saturday 17 October – State Library of NSW masterclass/Train the Trainers
- Sunday 18 October – rest day/travel to Bathurst
- Monday 19 October – Lithgow, Bathurst
The locations and training materials will be updated on the program’s site during the tour.
You’ve found our events page! Stay tuned for upcoming events, or check out our past events by browsing the thumbnails below. We offer trainings and lectures, community outreach, open houses, and fundraising opportunities.
Want to receive updates about our training and events?
We will be sending you no more than 2/3 emails per month and you will be able to unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time.